Friday, September 28, 2007

Recovery Day


Compared to yesterday, today was very laid-back. We took our time getting up and around and stayed home all day. At around 11:00, Grandma Pat came over to hang out and play with Jack and Beth. She brought counting books and a new coloring book. Both kids enjoyed coloring with Grandma and looking at the books. She was amazed by how well Jack can color in the lines already! As they looked at the books, they repeated the words after her. The word of the day was "sock." Later, when we were putting socks on after bathtime, Beth pointed and asked what the word for sock was. She's really picking up a lot!



Both of them learn so fast! Beth was singing "A-B-C-D" today, all on her own! And this afternoon she dragged me to the refrigerator and pointed to the picture of Hannah and Sarah, the friends who had the birthday party. I only caught the word for house, but obviously yesterday was memorable! Then we looked at the Gant boys' picture and she wanted to know their names. She even had me repeat them to her brother!



Well, the rest of the day looked more like a routine. Play--Dinner--Bath--Cuddletime--Bedtime. Dinner tonight was all-American--tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Jack ate his sandwich and half of his soup no problem. Beth was much more hesitant (perhaps stubborn would be the better word?) We ended up motivating her to try it with the promise of dessert. She miserably watched Daddy, Mommy and brother devour our cupcakes before she reached for her bowl again. As soon as the required 5 bites were swallowed, she was all smiles again as she happily licked the frosting off.



Both of them fell asleep while cuddling with Mommy in the living room so we had no tears at bedtime. Woohoo! Now if we can just make it through the night...

1 comment:

JennieBradstreet said...

Margaret and Mitch,
I know I have prayed for as many years and I have know you, for these precious, amazing, God picked children. I have been away from my computer for a while, and just checked everything tonight, I spent almost 2 hours reading your blogs, and cried the whole way through. Erik is out of town and when he called I began to tell him, he told me to stop telling me your stories and hurry up and send him the blog so he could read it himself. I am so thrilled for your family. Thank you for sharing this AWESOME experience with all of us. It is such a blessing to hear your testimony in all of this. Parker says hi to you both, and congratualtions.
All my Love
Jennie Bradstreet