Friday, September 21, 2007

Positive Progress


Friday, September 21, 11:00 p.m.

Well, here it is blog time again and for the second night in a row, Jack is joining me.
Of course he is asleep on my lap and I am typing one-handed. Anyway, we had another great day. I guess to make up for the rough night?


Both of the kids are repeating more and more words in English. And we are hearing them say "mommeeeee" and "daddeeeee" more often. Jack actually took an hour-long nap today! And Beth and Mommy had some quiet time coloring--almost 45 minutes! Both of them like to be wherever Mommy is, so while they watched a dvd, I folded laundry (I'm actually caught up!!) and while they played outside, I weeded the flower bed.


Beth saw Daddy pull into the driveway in his pickup and ran to the window to see. Then she ran to the door to go outside. When we got close enough, she ran to him and gave him a big hug. You should have seen the smile on Mitch's face!


We had more visitors today--the Foster family! They brought flowers and friendship so we invited them out to the backyard to see if the kids would play together. Beth and Jack were still somewhat shy, but didn't totally ignore their new friends. It was a good step and we hope to have more opportunities to play with all of their new friends!


I thought I'd end this post with a couple of cute pictures of bathtime...they love their bunny and bear towels!

1 comment:

Lulu said...

I am STILL crying every time I read something you write about your new family. When all our kids lived at home I swore my epitaph would read:
"Bring down you dirty laundry"-I think that's all I said for 10 years. Your children our so beautiful and we are so very happy for you! We really miss you guys.
Lou Ann & Dale McQuiston & family